So here is the final piece to a healthy, nice tasting X’mas day feast. Will start with the side dish…
Halloumi Garden Salad
- Fill a bowl up with organic baby spinach leaves
- Add: 2 x chopped organic tomatoes
- 1 x organic red capsicum, chopped
- ½ x organic cucumber
- 1 x organic corn cob, steamed and corn removed
- 1 x organic avocado – chopped
- 1 x whole packet of organic halloumi cheese, cut into ½ cm fingers and lightly pan fried both sides (until slight golden).
- Top the halloumi on top of your salad mess and drizzle some balsamic vinegar and lemon juice over the top.
… and last but not least we have our favourite meal of the day. The dessert 🙂
Gluten Free Berry Pavlova
I’m not going to put a Pavlova recipe here, because I don’t think anyone is going to make it from scratch.
So buy a pavlova base from Coles – they are Gluten Free! They come in different sizes depending on how many people are coming to your Xmas party.
- A Pavlova base – of whatever size desired
- 300ml x organic thick cream (if you are feeding more than 8, you may need more)
- ¼ – ½ cup x caster sugar
- Stawberries – chopped
- Blueberries – chopped
- Raspberries – chopped
- Any other fruit you desire
- Sit your pavlova base on a nice plate for serving
- Whip the cream and sugar together until the cream becomes fluffy and soft peaks form.
- Do not overbeat it as it will turn to butter.
- Add sugar to your taste, if you like it sweeter, add more sugar.
- Top the pavlova with the cream and spread it out to the edges.
- Add the chopped berries and fruit all over the pavlova