As the world accepts the use of crypto in more and more ways daily, we have seen a shift in businesses beginning to accept it in place of our traditional dollar currency.
At Clean Health, innovation and providing a great customer service are two key things we pride ourselves on and strive to be at the forefront of.
After requests from some students asking if we accept the likes of Bitcoin, Ethereum as payment methods for our products, we took the step of becoming (in our awareness) the first fitness industry-based education company to accept crypto payments from our customers.
Not only that, but we are offering for the rest of 2021 a further 5% off any of our products when purchasing via either Bitcoin or Ethereum, which are the two forms of cryptocurrency that we accept. Please note this 5% applies even during sale periods, so you have the potential for very big savings.
So, before we get there, we are going to break this how-to-guide for crypto into four sections.
1. Crypto 101
By now you would have seen it on the news, on your social media feeds, television or radio.
Crypto is mainstream and accepted by a multitude of businesses and tech tycoons around the world such as Elon Musk.
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Dogecoin. If these are not familiar to you, these are just some of the more popular forms of crypto available on the market.
To put it simply, we will quote the largest Crypto exchange on the planet Coinbase…
“At its core, crypto is typically decentralized digital money designed to be used over the internet. Bitcoin, which launched in 2008, was the first crypto, and it remains by far the biggest, most influential, and best-known.
In the decade since, Bitcoin and other crypto like Ethereum have grown as digital alternatives to money issued by governments.”
Think of it as a form of “money”, a further progression from ancient coins (dating back 5000 years), to traditional paper bills/notes; to debit cards and digital wallets housing these forms of crypto.
2. Why Should you Start Using Crypto?
The world is accepting crypto for a multitude of reasons, the main three being:
- Speed – Transaction speeds of crypto are basically instant across the globe unlike traditional banks, where inter-bank transactions can still take up to 24 hours.
- Security – There is an inherit increase in protection due to the nature of how cryptos transact including the use of only complex wallet addresses that include several layers of authentication.
- Fees – Typically trading in cryptos yield a much lower rate of transaction fees. To point 1 above there are third party money transferring services that charge exorbitant fees to transact in real time. Crypto makes services like these redundant or at a minimum forced them to reduce their fees.
3. How Can You Start Using Crypto?
So, you are ready to dive in?
Well firstly this process will vary dependent on your location due to legislation in regard to the crypto exchanges.
Think of them as Banks for crypto, just like banks there are minimal requirements for “opening an account” in terms of verification so that your funds/crypto are secure.
We are going to run through three different exchanges:
- Coinbase, which is available in 100+ locations around the world and is primarily used in the USA. A how to guide can be found on their website
- Coinspot, which is what we recommend our Australian customers use.
Other prominent global exchanges include Binance, which is also a great place to start buying and selling, however let’s start with Coinbase, who created an extensive step-by-step guide to starting your crypto journey.
This step-by-step guide is found in detail HERE.
Coinspot (for our Australian students) has a how to guide HERE.
Once you are set up in either exchange you will have a “wallet” for each coin that you decide to acquire.
4. I Have Bitcoin or Ethereum, How Can I Purchase Clean Health Courses?
Once you acquire some crypto, how do you use it on a platform like on ours to purchase a course?
Well, that is pretty simple as long as you acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum, which are currently the only two forms of Cryptos we accept.
Step 1: Add the course you want to purchase to your cart and click check out.
Step 2: On the checkout page you will be asked to fill in your details and then select a payment method; select “Pay with Crypto”.
Step 3: You will be redirected to Coinbase (our processor for crypto) where you will be asked to either:
- Option 1: Pay with your Coinbase account (convenient for our students with Coinbase accounts, and it will just reduce your balance of your crypto in balance)
- Option 2: Pay with Bitcoin or Ethereum. Selecting this option to pay directly and not with your Coinbase account (i.e., if you are in Australia and use Coinspot or if you are a global student and use Binance etc) you will be presented with the payment details, address and amount of specific crypto to send as seen below.
With option 2, an example of what you would see in your relevant exchange wallet would be below…
Once you have done that, the website will scan for the payment and instantly verify your transaction, which will trigger our system to recognize the payment, and you will at that point, be sent confirmation of your product purchase with 5% discount applied. It is that simple!
In closing, if you need any further help with crypto transaction payments on our website, feel free to contact us via our support team via the contact us form below.