Okay feeling a little bored with your current gym routine and need some inspiration? Well here is an example of a workout we give to new Clean Health male and female clients to induce rapid fat loss along with seasoned individuals like Clean Health Co-Director Claudine Newton who is pictured below. This workout is designed for someone with an intermediate level of conditioning, is relatively structurally sound and able to attain good and pain free ROM through the ankle, knee etc.
The workout utilizes high repetitions and short rest intervals which will lead to an increased production of blood lactate. An increase in blood lactate levels has been shown to result in a dramatic increase in growth hormone, thus resulting in very significant losses of body fat!
Here is the workout and provided you follow the tempo and rest periods it should take you approximately 40-45 minutes to complete:
- A1. Back Foot Elevated DB Split Squat: 8-10 reps (each leg) @ 3110 tempo then rest for 30 seconds
- A2. Standing DB Neutral Grip Shoulder Press: 12-15 reps @ 4010 tempo then rest for 30 seconds
- A3. Lying Leg Curl w/Toes Dorsiflexed and turned in: 6-8 reps @ 40X1 tempo then rest for 30 seconds
- A4. Seated Mid-Range Pronated Grip Lat Pulldown: 12-15 reps @ 3010 tempo then rest for 30 seconds
- A5. BB Russian High Step-Ups: 18-20 reps (each leg) @ 1010 tempo then rest for 120 seconds
You will do this giant set 5 times in total. Give this a try and let us know how you go with it!* Here is an example of how you read the tempo. In this case we will make it 3110 like in A1:
- The first number is the eccentric phase of the movement, so 3 seconds lowering into the bottom of the movement
- The second number is the bottom part of the movement, so there is a 1 second pause at the bottom
- The third number is the concentric phase of the movement, so 1 second to stand back up
- The fourth number is the top part of the movement, so 0 seconds pause at the top before you commence your decent
Below Clean Health Co-Director Claudine Newton performs a back food elevated dumbbell split squat. Note how the knee is traveling over the toe which helps recruit more hamstrings, glutes and the VMO which is the tear shaped muscle on the inner thigh which helps stabilize the knee.